Young Life (Judea)
5 days until REACH 2015! Today’s featured mission agency is Young Life (Judea –The United States)
Our Mission - Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. We accomplish our mission by ...
• Praying for young people.
• Going where kids are.
• Building personal relationships with them.
• Winning the right to be heard.
• Providing experiences that are fun, adventurous and life-changing.
• Sharing our lives and the Good News of Jesus Christ with adolescents.
• Inviting them to personally respond to this Good News.
• Loving them regardless of their response.
• Nurturing kids so they might grow in their love for Christ and the knowledge of God's Word and become people who can share their faith with others.
• Helping young people develop the skills, assets and attitudes to reach their full God-given potential.
• Encouraging kids to live connected to the Body of Christ by being an active member of a local congregation.
• Working with a team of like-minded individuals — volunteer leaders, committee members, donors and staff.
Young Life was officially founded October 16, 1941. It was based on a youth club started by youth leader Jim Rayburn while he was in seminary. He & 4 other seminarians developed the club idea throughout Texas, with an emphasis on showing kids that faith in God can be not only fun, but exhilarating and life-changing.
Today, Young Life clubs depend heavily on the mission’s 35,000 volunteer leaders. Young Life has more than 750 multicultural ministries reaching more than 150,000 inner-city, racially under-represented and poor young people.
Missions include WyldLife (for middle school students), Capernaum (for kids with disabilities), Small Town/Rural Initiative, YoungLives (focus on pregnant teens and young mothers), and Young Life College (target students on college campuses)?
Learn more about Young Life, who they are and how they help at www.younglife.org.