DivorceCare helps you recover from the pain of separation and divorce. It is a special 13-week seminar conducted by people who understand what you are experiencing; a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Most importantly, you’ll learn how to deal with the pain of the past and look forward to rebuilding your life. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone.
DivorceCare Groups begin Wednesday, August 17th at 6:30pm for 13 weeks. You may join at any time! Childcare is provided. For more information or to sign up, contact Michele Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-369-8006.
You don’t have to go through it alone
Most people will tell you that separation and divorce are the most painful and stressful experiences they’ve ever faced. It’s a confusing time when you feel isolated and have lots of questions about issues you’ve never faced before. DivorceCare groups meet weekly to help you face these challenges and move toward rebuilding your life. Each session has two distinct elements:
A Seminar with Experts
During the first 30–40 minutes of the meeting, each DivorceCare group watches a video seminar featuring top experts on divorce and recovery subjects. These videos are produced in an interesting-to-watch television magazine format featuring expert interviews, real-life case studies and on-location video.
A Support Group with Focus
After viewing the video, DivorceCare group participants spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in the lives of group members.
You are welcome to begin attending the DivorceCare group at any session. Each is “self-contained,” so you do not have to attend in sequence. You will find encouragement and help whenever you begin. You will be able to continue with DivorceCare through the next 13-week cycle and view any of the videos you have not seen.
Your DivorceCare experience begins each week as your group watches a video seminar on DVD. The DivorceCare videos cover topics essential to your recovery from the hurt of separation or divorce. The videos are produced in a compelling television magazine format and feature on-location video and real-life stories of people who have experienced divorce. Here is a list of the weekly topics:
1. What’s Happening to Me? This introductory seminar helps answer the question, “Why do I feel the way I do?” You’ll come out of this session with an overview of the DivorceCare program and an appreciation for the benefits of a support group environment.
2. The Road to Healing/Finding Help: This video segment helps you begin to identify the many losses that occurred as the result of your divorce. It also introduces strategies you can use to begin the process of healing from your separation or divorce.
3. Facing My Anger: This video seminar deals with the subject of anger, a nearly universal response to the pain and stress of divorce. You’ll gain constructive suggestions for dealing with your anger and learn methods for responding to the anger coming from your ex-spouse.
4. Facing My Depression: Depression can be a paralyzing emotion as you go through divorce. Even so, it can also be a “healing emotion,” and this video seminar explores constructive responses you can employ to deal with depression.
5. Facing My Loneliness: After divorce, many people respond to their loneliness in ways that will cause them even deeper pain. This segment explores healthy ways to overcome the loneliness that will inevitably arise during your separation or divorce.
6. What Does the Owner’s Manual Say? This video seminar explores real-world answers from the Bible on issues related to separation, divorce and remarriage, presented in an easily understandable format.
7. New Relationships: The loneliness that comes with divorce will put you at risk when making decisions about new relationships. This session helps you determine whether you are ready for a new relationship and how to get it off on the right foot if you are.
8. Financial Survival: Most people are stretched financially during divorce. This video segment offers you practical help on how to survive and ways to deal with the many money issues that you’ll face during and after divorce.
9. KidCare: This video seminar helps you understand the effects of divorce on your children and offers practical suggestions for being an effective single parent. You’ll also learn how your children are processing the divorce and how you can help in their healing.
10. Single Sexuality: How do you deal with your sexuality after divorce? This important session will help you understand sexuality from God’s perspective and see that it is possible to be single again and satisfied.
11. Forgiveness: The hurt that comes with divorce is a barrier that prevents many people from forgiving their former spouse. This seminar shows you why forgiveness is important and how you can begin the process of forgiving.
12. Reconciliation: Reconciliation is one of the most misunderstood aspects of the divorce healing process. You’ll learn that reconciliation can happen even if your marriage is not restored and why it’s important to pursue reconciliation.
13. Moving On, Growing Closer to God: How can God produce something good out of something as bad as divorce? This segment will show you how to grow closer to God as you go through your divorce experience.
Need more information? Have questions? Contact Michele Travis - email@example.com or (704) 369-8006.